I’ve never tried to live my life.
My life’s lived itself without me wanting or not wanting.
I’ve only wanted to see as if I didn’t have a soul.
I’ve always wanted to see as if the eyes I was born with were strangers.
— Alberto Caeiro/Pessoa
- I’m sick… I’m sick here now. I confuse melancholy with depression sometimes. You see?
- Why don’t you run along now, friend? Your dessert is getting cold.
- I’m sick.
- Stay that way.
- I’m sick, and I’m in love.
- You seem the sort of person who confuses the two.
- That’s right! That’s the first time you’ve been right. I confuse the two, and I don’t care!
— ,Magnolia, Donnie Smith